Temperature Blanket Beginning



Hello Loomers,
          I decided to make a temperature blanket and join my friend Virginia from Simply Intertwined in her Facebook group Temperature Blanket (or scarf) In 2019 (Simply Intertwined). I also decided to blog it here. Since, I am loom knitting the temperature blanket. I will be working 1 strand of 2 rows, Ewrap knit daily on what the high temperature ranges fall on. I hope I don't get too behind. I want try to updates every monthly here. I am starting with white, adding white in between months and ending with white, I also may add a white crochet border or fun matching tassel. I am working the blanket almost like Virginia's Simple Loom Knit Blanket video. I can't wait to see how it come out. Because I live in the lower parts of New Hampshire close to border of Massachusetts, the weather can be like a roller-coaster most day. All you can say is it's New England weather. LOL


Things you will need:
28 knitting board loom and 2 Peg Sliders (not using 2 pegs on the beginning and ending sides)
loom hook
One strand of red heart super saver yarn of the color choices below
A yarn needle (optional)
crochet hook (optional)

Techniques you will need to know:
How to Yarn Over cast on
How to Ewrap knit
How to Slip/skip Stitch
How to Change Colors
How to Super Stretchy Cast off
Beginning:
Starting with white place a slip knot on that first corner peg, Yarn over cast on pegs 2 to 130. leaving 2 pegs alone to be used as anchor pegs (or to remind you where to stop). Then Ewrap skip peg 130, Ewrap pegs 129 to peg 1, This would be consider row 1. If I was counting the rows. Which I won,t be. Cut the white Yarn and change yarn to day one January 1st etcetera.

I Ewrap knitted 2 rows of each colors, From skipping peg one, Ewrap knitting to pegs 2 to 130. Then knitting back by slipping peg 130, Ewrap knitting to pegs 129 to peg 1. Then I change colors as needed.
January 1st Turque/Turquoise 56*

January 2nd Windsor Blue 34*

January 3rd Delft Blue 45*

January 4th Delft Blue (again) 47*
Other day will be on the next monthly blog.(May not with pictures)

These are the yarn colors and temperatures, I picked out for this blanket.
Temperature Ranges
Color
Red heart Super Saver Yarns
Fahrenheit
White at the beginning, Between months, and at the ending.
Single digits or lower
Orchid
10 to 19 Degrees
Med. Purple
20 to 29
Dark Orchid
30 to 39
Windsor Blue
40 to 49
Delft Blue
50 to 59
Turque/Turquoise
60 to 69
Spring Green
70 to 79
Glowworm
80 to 89
Bright yellow
90 to 99
Corail
100 and over
Red Hot